Wedding Pianist & Singer
As a wedding pianist and singer, Simon provides wedding entertainment for 80-100 weddings and civil partnerships a year. He typically covers daytime arrival as guests are seated, ceremony, drinks reception and wedding breakfast. He can also provide evening entertainment either solo or with his band.
He plays and sings thousands of songs including current wedding favourites such as All Of Me, A Thousand Miles, Thinking Out Loud, 1000 Years, It Must Be Love, Say You Won’t Let Go, etc. He is also happy to perform your own favourite requests. He offers a huge repertoire and music for themed weddings with for example a Disney, Star Wars, Great Gatsby or Twilight themes.
Though he can perform on the venue’s own piano, he typically offers piano and vocal sets covering all your favourite requests on one of his own portable pianos (also for hire):
– 6ft WHITE baby grand piano (above)
– 5ft RED baby grand piano
– 3ft 4″ WHITE mini grand piano
– WHITE upright piano.
Simon typically plays 15 mins of instrumental pieces as guests are seated. He then plays the processional for the bride e.g. A Thousand Years, How Long Will I Love You? After 2 or 3 pieces for the signing of the register, it’s time for the newlyweds to walk out to something upbeat like Signed Sealed Delivered!
He provides music for the drinks reception which lasts 1.5-2 hours. He takes requests from guests and plays a mix of background music on piano & vocals or just piano.
He plays music throughout the wedding breakfast up to speeches, so again 1.5-2 hours. Songs are always played at the right volume usually building up to a bit of a singalong once the main course is out of the way, if not before…
- “Simon, absolutely first class! Your performance at my daughter’s wedding in Windermere was truly amazing and you were a joy to deal with. We will be in touch…” John Getty
- “Your singing and playing were fantastic and everyone had a great night. Our Tom Waits first dance was perfect so we wanted to send you a special thank you.” Kate & Michael Galvin
- “Thank you so much Simon for performing at our civil ceremony and drinks reception. Everybody commented on how much fun they had with you plus you played all of the special requests we had given you. We will be recommending you!” Karen & Jane
- “Thank you for preparing the specific songs with the choir and for your own performance with your beautiful piano. You were the perfect choice for our event!” Cadbury Trebor Bassett, on the PR wedding of Bertie & Betty Bassett, Sheffield, 2009
Popular Wedding Venues
UK: Simon performs at many different wedding venues. See below some of his most frequently visited venues (in no particular order):
SPAIN: Marriott Son Anthem *****, Majorca (residency 1997-99)
Son Net *****, Majorca
Son Vida *****, Majorca
Hotel de la Reconquista *****, Asturias, Spain
Gran Hotel Ribadesella ****, Asturias (residency 1994-96)
Let’s Talk About Your Wedding
Comments or questions are welcome.